Author Topic: Intro  (Read 76 times)

K9WBZ

Intro
« on: April 22, 2019, 03:15:41 PM »
Well figured I'd introduce myself and also apparently pop the cherry on the intro section. My current passion in the hobby is SOTA and along with that I'm working on learning CW.  For portable ops I run an elecraft kx3 into a 1/4 wave vertical on an 8' mast I assembled with buddi pole components.

Outside if radio I'm an active Search and Rescue volunteer working on a k9 team, two ground search teams and a rope rescue team.

KE3GK

RE: Intro
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 04:37:23 PM »
Quote from: "K9WBZ" pid='445' dateline='1555946141'

Well figured I'd introduce myself and also apparently pop the cherry on the intro section. My current passion in the hobby is SOTA and along with that I'm working on learning CW. For portable ops I run an elecraft kx3 into a 1/4 wave vertical on an 8' mast I assembled with buddi pole components.

Outside if radio I'm an active Search and Rescue volunteer working on a k9 team, two ground search teams and a rope rescue team.

Hi Zachary ...

Fine on the summits on the air, sounds like fun, I've never tried it, no real summits close by here in Baltimore.

I'm into contesting mainly (CW and RTTY with some SSB) and look forward to just about every big one that comes along, and the wife don't mind   :D

I'm glad someone finally broke the ice here on intros ...

Tom KE3GK